• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Polar bubble chart - Going Crazy!! Definately need help.

aguntuk

Hi All,

I have been trying to create a polar bubble chart (something similar to the one attached below. So far I have tried creating the background using a combination of donut and pie charts and then overlay a bubble chart with a transparent background. However, it is absolutely messy and painful every time I need to change the data, which is once a week.

I am sure there is a simpler way to get around it. Basically what I am trying to achieve is 3 to 5 concentric circles in the background representing very low to very high and then the circles to be broken in 3 to 7 quadrants representing sectors. The position of the bubble to show the level of risk relative to its sector and the quantum of the risk shown by the size of the bubble. I hope it is not too much to ask for in one chart :rolleyes:

As suggested by vletm, i am attaching a small file showing the data i am trying to use to create this chart and an explanation of what each column of data represents

Attachments

• polar bubble chart.PNG
    polar bubble chart.PNG
    24 KB · Views: 14
  • Sample data.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
aguntuk
Previous May - You search Doughnut - chart...
any way ... You should upload a sample Excel-file with as correct as possible sample data and layout,
which shows Your real needs.

aguntuk
Previous May - You search Doughnut - chart...
any way ... You should upload a sample Excel-file with as correct as possible sample data and layout,
which shows Your real needs.
Thanks for the response vletm. I tried to look for the post you referred to but unfortunately, these are two different things. I have added a file with sample data you suggested. Hope this will help.

aguntuk
... and the expected output with those values is .... where?
You should do that eg manually, including eg colors.
How different with '9-box-grid' -outputs?

aguntuk
... and the expected output with those values is .... where?
You should do that eg manually, including eg colors.
How different with '9-box-grid' -outputs?

Hi Vletm,

I am attaching a file with the data along with the expected output which was manually plotted on the pie charts. Hope you will be able to help me automate this thing.

Attachments

• Sample data.xlsx
    206.9 KB · Views: 7
aguntuk
You can continue from this ...
eg if need to have those Risk IDs there then create enough Legends
Thanks a ton, Vletm. This is exactly what I wanted, however, may I bother you a bit more to help me figure out how you used the background piechart? I need to understand this since there will be a number of other cases where the number of sectors are going to be different and I will need to change the color of the background pie chart.

Thanks in advance.

Back