• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Plotting 2 different data labels on the same data series

For this example, in the attached file I am concerned with only the following two data series/lines:

Short put (column F)
Short put price (column H)

Each strike price in column B has an associated option price in columns C and D. For this example I am using the BID prices in column C, because when you sell an option to open a trade, you sell at the bid price. See B22:C22.

1. User selects a strike price in K7. They can change the initial strike price to a different strike price if they want to.
2. The corresponding option price is displayed in L7 from a VLOOKUP

I am displaying the blue line called "Short Put" with the data label "Short Put" which is named after the name of that data series, but I also want to display the associated option price (L7) of $0.10 as a data label on the same line. There are two ways I can think of how to do this. I would prefer the first method if it is possible, otherwise I'll try the second method.

Method 1: I added a second data label which is currently displaying '495.' I would like to link this data label to cell L7. I know there is a data label option called 'Value From Cells' but I couldn't get that to work. So I would like to link the data label to L7 if possible.

Method 2: If the first method is not possible, the only other way I can think of how to do this would be to plot the gray line called 'Short Put Price', behind the blue line so that the blue line overlaps the gray line. I already have the data label for the gray line displayed. I added a secondary axis for the gray line but I can't get it so that it falls behind the blue line. Remember the user could change the strike price in K7 which would change the blue line, which in turn would change the gray line. So I'm trying to figure out how to get the gray line to always move with the blue line, whenever the blue line changes.

Attachments

• Two Different Data Labels Same Data Series.xlsx
    24.3 KB · Views: 6
I guess your issue is with your label at the left also showing the price when you do option 1?
1708073852013.png
Still I would go with option 1. Simply add a data point for short put (copy from cell /paste in the chart). Use a line chart with markers. It's only one marker. Put the label on there. Then make the marker "none". Something like below.
So I've added "Short Put" to being able to differentiate from "SHORT PUT".
1708074895944.png1708074835000.png

Attachments

• 1708074704829.png
    1708074704829.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 1
    23.6 KB · Views: 4

DashboardNovice

You should able to show visually - what do You really would like to get?
You seems to deleted many labels there ... extra tasks.
Instead that - You could get a single label to any point of Your data as below ... the last one.
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 11.50.24.png
Or
If You really need to have those different labels to same data then
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 17.57.58.png

Attachments

22.4 KB · Views: 0
    25 KB · Views: 0
No sure what the chart is supposed to show. One could think to make something smaller and use a charter chart. I have no clue what the message it conveys though.
1708082457319.png

For this example, in the attached file I am concerned with only the following two data series/lines:

Short put (column F)
Short put price (column H)

Each strike price in column B has an associated option price in columns C and D. For this example I am using the BID prices in column C, because when you sell an option to open a trade, you sell at the bid price. See B22:C22.

1. User selects a strike price in K7. They can change the initial strike price to a different strike price if they want to.
2. The corresponding option price is displayed in L7 from a VLOOKUP

I am displaying the blue line called "Short Put" with the data label "Short Put" which is named after the name of that data series, but I also want to display the associated option price (L7) of $0.10 as a data label on the same line. There are two ways I can think of how to do this. I would prefer the first method if it is possible, otherwise I'll try the second method.

Method 1: I added a second data label which is currently displaying '495.' I would like to link this data label to cell L7. I know there is a data label option called 'Value From Cells' but I couldn't get that to work. So I would like to link the data label to L7 if possible.

Method 2: If the first method is not possible, the only other way I can think of how to do this would be to plot the gray line called 'Short Put Price', behind the blue line so that the blue line overlaps the gray line. I already have the data label for the gray line displayed. I added a secondary axis for the gray line but I can't get it so that it falls behind the blue line. Remember the user could change the strike price in K7 which would change the blue line, which in turn would change the gray line. So I'm trying to figure out how to get the gray line to always move with the blue line, whenever the blue line changes.

Sorry my intentions were not clear enough. This attached pic shows what I was hoping to achieve. If Method 2 was used, the gray line would be "behind" the blue line so it wouldn't be visible, but it's data label ($0.10) would still be showing which is what I am trying to achieve. For clarity I removed the yellow and orange lines.

Attachments

• Short Put Price.png
    Short Put Price.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
I guess your issue is with your label at the left also showing the price when you do option 1?
View attachment 86473
Still I would go with option 1. Simply add a data point for short put (copy from cell /paste in the chart). Use a line chart with markers. It's only one marker. Put the label on there. Then make the marker "none". Something like below.
So I've added "Short Put" to being able to differentiate from "SHORT PUT".
View attachment 86476View attachment 86475

I got it to work. Thank you very much!

DashboardNovice

Do You mean that
... You don't know have You tested my #3 replies?
OR
You asked 2 different data labels ...
I offered even 31 different data labels.
Of course, You could use as many as someone wants to see.

Back