• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table Value Filters

boernecheryl

I'm using Excel 2007. My pivot table will not let me use the value filters. Anyway to fix this? My database is 21 columns by 39,078 rows (in case that matters). I just want to be able to filter out zero values. It won't let me. All filter options are grayed out except "Top 10".

hi boernecheryl. im a novice user but i think i can help in clearing out any misunderstandings on your Q.

did you try to access the value filters by right clicking the Values area? cause it wont work unless you do the right click either on any item of the column label or the row label (depending which label you wanna filter or sort)

2nd, the value filters only work with Grand Totals (column or row). they wont help if your zeros are in the subtotales within the PT

3rd, to specifically filter out Zeros you might wanna do it directly in the menu (for the row or column label) where you can see the whole listing of the values Instead of using filters of values

thats it. hope any of this helps in hitting jackpot

keep your finger crossed someone else also joins in this post and shares knowledge on the subject

take care

Back