• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Open another different excel file

James989

Hi,

While running macro in a excel file, I tried to open another different excel file to do some other work, but this excel just kept loading and never opened successfully. . . .How to solve?

I am using MS office Pro Plus 2016 on a machine with WINDOWS 7 64 bits.

Regards

James

James989
You should 'tell' to Your running macro that something else could do too.
eg if You have there loops then use DoEvents function.

James989
You should 'tell' to Your running macro that something else could do too.
eg if You have there loops then use DoEvents function.

Before this, I am able to open up to max 8 different file and run the macro of each file(I never use DoEvents) ! Off course, I open it one by one . . .

However, after re-installation(due to computer problem) MS office 2016, I only can open 1 excel and run the macro, when try to open the second file, it just keep loading and not able to open it.

So, what is the problem ?

Are You Excel settings same now? Yes/No?
Are You opening next Excel-file while macro is running? Yes/No?
Can You open that 2nd Excel-file alone? ... before Your 1st Excel-file ... Is that file Okay? Yes/No?
It would help You, if You could write exact - what are You doing? what happens? without missing any details.

1) Yes. However, what important setting should I look into ?
2) While one next Excel-file macro is running, I try to open other excel file but failed( keep loading)
3) Yes, can open 2nd excel file alone and run macro of this 2nd file.

Can you try to run macro of your own excel file? While running macro, are you able open another second excel file ?

Please note that both first and second file have their own macro.

Last edited:
1) Yes.
... If You answer 'Yes' ... then that should mean 'Yes' ... but seems that You start to thinking something ... at least You named different versions.
2) ... yes. ...then those DoEvents could help
3) So file should be okay ... but can You then open other files?

Can I ...
Yes, I can - if macro is written so.
... but normally, I won't do so - because, I'm not so so so hurry.

Back