• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Only chart last few numbers in table

markymark

I have an issue with a worksheet containing a table of production records in excel 2003. We have recorded production over 3 months so there is a large amount of production data about 100+ lines, when these are displayed on a bar chart it looks messy.

I need a formula to only produce a chart with the last week or fortnight's figures. I need the spreadsheet to do this automatically without my input or maintenance.I have tried the formulas below that I found on a web site but when entered onto the worksheet I get #VALUE! and #Name? in the cells with the formulas and an error message.

These are the formulas I've tried using

XVALUES(Defined Name)

=OFFSET('Data Table'!$A$2,COUNTA('Data Table'!$B:$B)-'Data Table'!$AS$1,0,'Data Table'!$AS$1,1)

YVALUES(Defined Name)

=OFFSET('Data Tables'!XValues,0,1)

Column A is the date, column B production, cell AS1 is where I have entered 10 as the number of records to display

Can anyone shed any light on where I am going wrong? I have 6 machines that I am collecting data for so any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

M&M

OFFSET returns an array. So if you enter the formula or name pointing to it in a cell, getting an error is natural as you are asking excel to show an entire list in one cell. But the named range should work fine as input data source for a chart.

If you just want to see what is in the range, enter the name =XVALUES and then press CTRL+SHIFT+Enter.

Now, coming to the #NAME! error, I am not sure, but it could be due to the incorrect capitalization (your name is XVALUES, where the formula uses XValues).

Also, check out these 2 posts for some more ideas and implementations:

http://chandoo.org/wp/2009/10/15/dynamic-chart-data-series/

http://chandoo.org/wp/2009/11/12/topx-chart/

Back