• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Null in excel slicers

shubhamegade

Hi Everone,

I have attached an excel dashboard cleaned and referenced to the tab - final filtered data.
I have cleaned the data for the 1st Quarter (Jan, Feb, and March) for the (construction, structure, Architectural) and (engineering services category). as shown below

Even after cleaning the data for 1st quarte and the mentioaned categories. It still shows blanks in the MSA slicers. can some one please help

It usually means you have a blank value in that column or you had one. If you have the setting wrong in your pivot to retain a max of items, it will always be there.
Try

After "cleaning", there is no more a blank in the column "test". => Slicer "forgets" about the blank ever been there.

Could you check my excel sheet attached. For the first quarter (jan , feb,march ) for the catgory (civil, structure & architectural) all the data is cleaned and it shows no blanks.

but when I insert a slicer with the above filters it shows blank . Please help

Could you please provide me your mail id . I can provide you the file their . I am not able to upload the file here due to the file size . Thanks

You could also share it at a file sharing site such as dropbox, box.net, or share it on onedrive or some such.
You may have missed the part that @GraH - Guido mentioned, highlighted below:

Don't forget to refresh any Pivots after doing this.

Back