• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need some help on a project - Big Brain Wanted

mountainpusher

Hello everyone,

I ran into a problem for a project I'm working on. What I am trying to do is get a projection of units to hit the highlighted step for 12, 24, 36 and 48 hours out based off the cycle time. I'm trying to make it more dynamic though where it could be based off any given step in the process (not necessarily just one of the highlighted steps). What I am attaching is just part of 1000+ steps in the whole process but basically wanted to give different example/test points. Please infer that everything will move to the next step in the given cycle time in the cycle time length as too not over complicate it even more.

How my though process is currently working:
1. Select step
2. Add previous steps Cycle Time together until "x" hours is reached (not including current step)
- Bottom to top
3. Once "x" is reached highlight all cells, RANGE(E)
4. *Optional - Good to test previous steps functionality* Take SUM(RANGE(E)) total and output to adjacent cell
5. From RANGE(E) for "x" take adjacent cells of Processing/waiting/blocked and SUM(B,C,D) for the whole range
6. Output SUM(B,C,D) for the whole range into the given highlighted box for "x" time out

So I need help implementing what I am thinking into making it work. I'm trying to get it to work in google sheets as well but wanted to start with excel and work back from there. Let me know if this doesn't make sense or if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Big Brain.xlsx
    12.2 KB · Views: 7
The attached is to confirm that I'm looking in the right direction.
Select a cell in column E.
There's a one line macro which I'd like to hope I can do without altogether (Where's @Peter Bartholomew when you need him? ;))
You can unhide column K. Current shading might not reach quite far enough.

Attachments

• Chandoo43433Big Brain.xlsm
    19.3 KB · Views: 4
Back