• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help with vlookup or Index to compare two sheets and values on matching variables

howsermd

I've looked at a lot of tutorials and haven't quote found the answer I'm looking to get. I have two sheets (see sample attached). Both sheets have the same names (column b) but also potentially different values (or matching). I'm looking to use Sheet 1 as the reference sheet and then look through sheet 2 and find all the values that match in Sheet 2 (might be more than one) and return that value along with the value of the column in the right. Ideally I could run it and see all the matches of the items in Column B, return the line items that match (column a) and show the values in Column C so I can see if they're different.

I added the sample and desired result to illustrate what I'm looking for.

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 3
Look at the attached. My results are slightly different because it matches item C twice from the second table to the first table. You can view the Mcode in Power Query by clicking on Data -->Queries and Connections

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    20.3 KB · Views: 2
Back