• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multi parameter scatter plot

I want to graph x values against y values for multiple numbers of A and multiple numbers of B. Where there could be several As that have the exact same x and y values, and I need each A to be represented by 1 dot.
X Y A
1 10 4
1 12 3
1 13 1
2 11 5
2 13 2

Hi ,

You mention that there could be several As that have the same X and Y values , but your data does not reflect that ; if I go by what you have posted , then you can use a bubble chart , where the size of the bubble could reflect the number of As with the same X and Y values.

Narayan

Hi ,

See if either of the charts in this file is OK.

Narayan
Hi Narayan, thanks this is helpful but not exactly what I am looking for. the bubble strategy will not work in this situation because when I add the B series you lose the lesser size bubble when the x,y values are the same between A and B . I'd really like to get each single A have it's own dot and have a color for the A group and the different one the B group.

thanks so much
jpr

Hi ,

What you mention as an objection will remain if you have many smaller sized dots ; suppose there are 4 As with the X value 1 and Y value 13 ; suppose these dots are coloured green ; now if there are even 2 Bs with the same X value 1 and Y value 13 , won't these 2 dots appear in the same place as 2 As ? The nett result will be that you will see only 2 green dots , since the other two dots will be what ever colour you have chosen for the B series.

Narayan

Back