• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Model to select optimised numerical values from an array

francklouis

Can any help with this somewhat difficult problem?

I am wanting to create a spreadsheet where I can enter 48 values in a list which represent the lengths of picture framing moldings required to make say 12 picture frames of different sizes and using the same molding profile (4 sides for one frame).
The uncut moldings are 4 meters long. The spreadsheet needs to automatically generate arrays populated with the lengths to cut from each 4 meter length of profile in order to minimize off cut wastage.
Each array representing 1 full 4 meter length.
Basically the spreadsheet needs to optimize the mix of lengths to cut from each 4 meter long picture frame molding. for example the 12 frames to be made are as follows: 4 frames 80 x 120 cm, 2 frames 65 x 95 cm, 2 frames 70 x 110, 2 frames 30 x 50 cm, 1 frame 105 x 160, 1 frame 25 x 65.
The spreadsheet also needs to indicate how many lengths of moldings will be required.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

francklouis
Please reread Forum Rules to get more suggestions
especially How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org
There is one sentence which would help You at once:
  • For the best/fastest results, Upload a Sample File

Can any help with this somewhat difficult problem?

I am wanting to create a spreadsheet where I can enter 48 values in a list which represent the lengths of picture framing moldings required to make say 12 picture frames of different sizes and using the same molding profile (4 sides for one frame).
The uncut moldings are 4 meters long. The spreadsheet needs to automatically generate arrays populated with the lengths to cut from each 4 meter length of profile in order to minimize off cut wastage.
Each array representing 1 full 4 meter length.
Basically the spreadsheet needs to optimize the mix of lengths to cut from each 4 meter long picture frame molding. for example the 12 frames to be made are as follows: 4 frames 80 x 120 cm, 2 frames 65 x 95 cm, 2 frames 70 x 110, 2 frames 30 x 50 cm, 1 frame 105 x 160, 1 frame 25 x 65.
The spreadsheet also needs to indicate how many lengths of moldings will be required.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I have just solved the problem. Here is a print screen of my program called Pro_Cut-plus.

Attachments

• pro-cut-plus.jpg
    pro-cut-plus.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 2
Back