• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro to enable the option to ask where to save the file from Chrome Browser

kiran5

Hi there,
Can someone provide me a light of providing a macro or a vbscript to enable the option to 'Ask where to save each file before downloading' in chrome.
The manual steps are as below:
Chrome Broswer -> Settings->Downloads->Ask where to save each file before downloading (this needs to be enabled programmatically). Attached the screenshot of the option in Chrome.

Note: Upon changing the registry through admin or enabling this option manually as a pre-requisite didn't work for us as it keeps changing the settings due to a group policy updates in the organisation now and then, hence would need a script/macro that can be used in my existing scripts as a first step to check and enable it and my further automation can be proceeded smoothly.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Chrome Browser - Enable an option to prompt saving a file.png
    Chrome Browser - Enable an option to prompt saving a file.png
    90 KB · Views: 4
If I'm following this, your question isn't something that knowledge of VBA/Excel can answer. I don't mean that a VBA/Excel program cannot do what you want, but to figure out how, there must exist a Chrome object definition and there has to be a copy of it on your machine. Then you might be able to look up a method in the Chrome object that'll change the setting you want.

I did a little googling and found this announcement about a Chrome object. But I think it's written for Java developers; I don't know whether it would work with VBA, and I don't know what sort of documentation you'll be able to find on it even if it does. I know, not much help.

Back