• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro to delete rows based on data in another sheet

suridilse

Hi

This is my first post in Chandoo_Org. So,first a..........biiiiiig thanks to chandoo.Ur site has ignited the curiosity factor in me and excel is more exciting for me now.

I was trying to write a macro to delete rows in a data table based on form control selection in another sheet.For eg if there are 10 Depts....in the data table and based on form control in another sheet...i select dept 2 & dept 6, my data table should have only data for these depts & all other depts should be deleted.

I am trying different methods and will post it if I crack it. In the meantime Pl help if somebody has a simple logic.

Thanks.

SURIDILSE.

Hi, suridilse!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the three first green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, you'll always be welcome back here. Tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about your question...

If you haven't performed yet the search herein, try going to the topmost right zone of this page (Custom Search), for example type the keywords "delete row on condition" and press Search button. You'd retrieve many links from this website, like the following one(s), maybe you find useful information and even the solution. If not please advise so as people who read it could get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards!

PS: I've just answered a topic on deleting rows plus moving deleted rows. If you think you can handle the updates needed, here're the links:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/macro-needed-to-remove-rows-based-on-predefined-condition#post-29987

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/macro-needed-to-remove-rows-based-on-predefined-condition#post-30092

Back