• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

List levels 1-4 from drop down menu with custom data validation

In cell E8, I have a formula for the data validation list. This is what I want to do:

If the Project Type = T&M or FFP/LOE, then show 1,2,3,4 as possible levels to select from, otherwise display "No Billing Rates" in the cell itself or as the only choice in the drop-down list.

Here is my formula:

=IF(OR($E$5="T&M",$E$5="FFP/LOE"),Levels,"")

When I enter "No Billing Rates" in the double quotes as the last argument it doesn't work.

The ideal situation is that if the Project Type = T&M or FFP/LOE, then show 1,2,3,4 from the drop down list, otherwise show "No Billing Rates" as the cell value, instead of appearing in the drop down list.

Attachments

• Chandoo.org (Custom Data Validation).xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Since the formula is used in Data Validation, you need to reference a range in the workbook.

Enter "No Billing Data" into a cell on Sheet2 and define a name for that cell (e.g. NoRates). Then modify the formula as follows:

Code:
=IF(OR($E$5="T&M",$E$5="FFP/LOE"),Levels,NoRates)

You can also use Conditional Formatting to highlight an invalid selection when the Project Type changes (see attached).

Attachments

• custom_data_validation.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back