• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Keeping Pivot Tables Column Headers

Sachin

All,

In my excel challenge, I have a report that produces multiple pivot tables. However, because of a reorg, I need to produce multiple versions of the same report for each new division.

These pivot tables have Column Headings like "Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acess, OneNote, Bob"

But not all divisions will have all of the columns every week. For example, the Chandoo Division may have items under Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, but nothing under OneNote and Bob one week. The next week, the Chandoo Division will have something in all of the columns. But I need to show all of the columns in the pivot table, making sure that columns without data have zeros.

Is there a way I can designate a permanent range for the pivot table headers?

I plan on using the excellent Advanced Filter tutorial from about a year ago, to split the data into multiple files (Thanks Chandoo!).

Hi Sachin,

The column heading is actually derived from rows, so if I have data of different salesman performing their sales daily data, and if I have see the result in PT I will have salesman field put under Column Label and it will display column for each salesman and as you said, column will be only for salesman names present in rows and not for all salesman you expect.

Solution:

You can easily achieve this by adding one row for each salesman, (in your case Word, Powerpnt etc) with 0 or no value.

The PT will automatically display column for them with empty data.

You can then set PT options to display zero for no values.

Regards,

Prasad DN

I thought that would work, except I'm not summing, I'm counting order status. For example, how many Word orders does the Chandoo division have. Some weeks its zero, but I still need the Word column header to appear.

I think this is the first MS BOB reference I've seen since the late 1990's.

I must be old.

@SirJB7

Hi, myself!

I was so so young in middle 90's, when my father told me there were OS like Windows 3.11 and Windows 95... that I don't: a) realize what dan_l is talking about; b) remember the nice chess wallpaper; c) know that BOB was developed leaded by Bill Gates' girlfriend...

Well, as Jethro Tull said... too old to rock&roll but still too young to die.

Back