• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Is it possible to Split the Amount column with group by condition of middle 3 columns as per rundate column

chakkrav

Source data
rundateentityleaf_level_idrecord_typeAmount
31/03/2020J11L2_DEDASSCA-11
30/09/2019J11L2_DEDASSCA-9
Expected Result set

entityleaf_level_idrecord_type31/03/202030/09/2019
J11L2_DEDASSCA-11-9

Attachments

• Variance Report_PQ.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 15
Sure it's possible. But I would do it in Pivot Table.

1. Load data to PQ => Connection only & Load to Data Model
2. Add Pivot from data model.
3. Add rundate to column field. This will auto group by Year, Quarter, Month. Leave Year & Quarter but remove others.
4. Add entity to cell_name in row label. Add amount into value field.
5. Set pivot style to Tabular form and repeat item labels.

See attached.

Attachments

235.3 KB · Views: 5
Sure it's possible. But I would do it in Pivot Table.

1. Load data to PQ => Connection only & Load to Data Model
2. Add Pivot from data model.
3. Add rundate to column field. This will auto group by Year, Quarter, Month. Leave Year & Quarter but remove others.
4. Add entity to cell_name in row label. Add amount into value field.
5. Set pivot style to Tabular form and repeat item labels.

See attached.

Thanks Chihiro & appreciate the response. I'm aware of the Pivot solution. I was looking for Power query solution, as more logics needs to be inbuilt / processing required once the data is fetched as per expected result set in power query.

Maybe this:

Code:
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"As Of Date", type date}, {"version", Int64.Type}, {"rundate", type date}, {"entity", type text}, {"leaf_level_id", type text}, {"element_id", type text}, {"record_type", type text}, {"source_from", type text}, {"cell_name", type text}, {"Amount", type number}}),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type", {{"As Of Date", type text}}, "en-US"), List.Distinct(Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type", {{"As Of Date", type text}}, "en-US")[#"As Of Date"]), "As Of Date", "Amount", List.Sum),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Pivoted Column",{"version", "rundate"}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Removed Columns", {"record_type", "entity", "leaf_level_id", "element_id", "source_from", "cell_name"}, {{"Current Qtr", each List.Sum([#"3/31/2020"]), type nullable number}, {"Last Qtr", each List.Sum([#"9/30/2019"]), type nullable number}})
in
    #"Grouped Rows"

Attachments

30.4 KB · Views: 6
Thanks a ton for the suggested solution. So "Pivot a column" along with "group by" steps worked the magic

Back