• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

IF

basavarajkh

Hi

Please help me to write a IF formula for below condition in attached file Cell K2

BINARIES STATUS COMPARE STATUS BINARIES & COMPARE STATUS

COMPLETED DONE COMPLETED

COMPLETED PENDING

COMPLETED PROGRESS PROGRESS

PROGRESS PENDING

PENDING

Please find the attached file

http://hotfile.com/dl/132293024/99a7edb/STATUS_FOR_BINARIES__COMPARE_.XLS.html

Regards

Basavaraj K H

Hi ,,, Not sure why you are looking for an IF statement ( please verify if this is not what you are looking for ) .... but try this in cell K2 =I2&" "&J2 .... this combines the values in cells I2 and J2, copy this formula down the other rows to get results.

Sorry I did't get the answer

My client condition is like below

if i2="COMPLETED" & j2 ="DONE" then k2=COMPLETED

i3="COMPLETED" & j3 ="PROGRESS" then k3=PROGRESS

i4="PROGRESS" & j4 ="BLANKS" then k4=PENDING

i5="BLANKS" & j5 ="BLANKS" then k5=PENDING

Oldchippy has answered but i got only the half solution for my query. Kindly go through the above mentioned condition and provide me the proper answer for the above query.

=IF(AND(OR(I2="PROGRESS",I2="BLANKS"),K2="BLANKS"),"PENDING",IF(AND(I2="COMPLETED",J2="DONE"),"COMPLETED",IF(AND(I2="COMPLETED",J2="PROGRESS"),"PROGRESS","No criteria met")))

Thank U Luke,

but your solution works in cell L2,

Just I Edit your formula like below

=IF(AND(OR(I2="PROGRESS",I2=" "),K2=" "),"PENDING",IF(AND(I2="COMPLETED",J2="DONE"),"COMPLETED",IF(AND(I2="COMPLETED",J2="PROGRESS"),"PROGRESS","PENDING")))

I want write above same formula in K2 cell.

Plz help me to write.

Thanks

Basavaraj K H

=IF(AND(OR(I2="PROGRESS",I2=" "),J2=" "),"PENDING",IF(AND(I2="COMPLETED",J2="DONE"),"COMPLETED",IF(AND(I2="COMPLETED",J2="PROGRESS"),"PROGRESS","PENDING")))

Back