• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I want to link the data of combox to the check box also ...

sagarrajula

i have created a combobox and check box ... now i wanted the Y axis data to b viewed 1 by 1 in check box of the data we select from the combo box .... please help i m very much confused .... i know its possible ... but i dont know the trick ....

I'm afraid I'm confused as well. I'm not sure what your exact question, what your data layout is, etc. Original post was somewhat rambling. Can you try to explain the problem clearer?

Hi Rajula ,

A checkbox can display only two states viz. checked and unchecked. It cannot display any other data ; if you want to display Y-axis data , you need to have a textbox or label.

Narayan

Hi, sagarrajula!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the three first green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, you'll always be welcome back here. Tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about your question...

I actually do agree with Luke M, I'm very confused too. May I suggest you to consider uploading a sample file? Please refer to second green sticky post for uploading guidelines.

Regards!

Hi,

My self is an Intermediary in Excel, and Keen in learning excel formula's

My Sincere apologies for not uploading the file .Link:-(http://speedy.sh/8KQD2/Combo-Check-box-together.xls)

I want to make a graph in such a way that when the combobox is selected similarly i can click the checkboxes where i can view 1 by 1 data in the same chart and of the same data source

I hope this would make clear to understand

Many thanks in advance.....

This will help

http://speedy.sh/AzRYW/Combo-Check-box-together.xls

Actually check box returns TRUE (on Check) FALSE (on Uncheck) and Chart doesn't understand #N/A Value

Hence, Make your charte range dynamic by using NA() function

like =IF($P13,IF($I$12=1,B3,IF($I$12=2,B14,IF($I$12=3,J3,IF($I$12=4,J14)))),NA())

Here IF "Overall index" is checked then $P13 will return TRUE & your range will be displayed else it will be #N/A which means chart will not read these values

Back