• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hyperlinks - Issue in 2010 Version

prasaddn

Hi,

Have two questions related to Hyperlink().

1. Has any found problem with Hyperlink() in MS Excel Verion 2010, when referring linklocation to any other cell within same sheet or workbook?

I mean whenever I give hyperlink() with reference to some other sheet and/or cell within same workbook, it is not navigating, look feel is fine. The same hyperlink works if any url or other file is given as link location, it works.

2. Applicable if i am able to resolve my first issue, is it possible using hyperlink to navigate to specific cell location and also place the value of hyperlink friendly name in the provided link location.

Please advise.

Regards,

Prasad DN

Hi, prassadn!

Created a new workbook with 3 worksheets, in B2 of 2nd sheet entered a number, set background to yellow, in C3 of 1st sheet inserted hyperlink ("Place of this document" or something like "Lugar de este documento", 2nd button from the left, cell reference B2 sheet "Hoja2", text "Hoja2!B2")... Click on sheet 1 cell C3 and navigate to sheet 2 cell B2.

Everything seems to be Ok, couldn't raise your issue's behaviour.

Uploading the workbook?

Regards!

Hi SirJB,

I am not able to upload, same old firewall issue, but I can send as attachment to you email ID, if you wish.

Regards,

Prasad DN

Hi, praaddn!

No problem: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.ar

Regards!

EDITED: 02/08/2012 22:15 GMT-3

Thank you SirBJ for resolving my first issue, the link location should be used with "#" :)

eg:

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!G10","Go")

Well, then may be now I can focus on my 2nd question.

I have ten rows, where all the hyper links point to same location. The friendly name like "Go" is number generated based on some function.

Is it possible to take this friendly name as parameter and place them in the hyperlinked location? I have done this piece using VBA with simple use of worksheet selection change event. I am just trying to see if any other options availble without VBA.

Regards,

Prasad DN

Prasad,

I don't think the second part will be possible without VBA... as an event is happening when we click on the Hyperlink and we need an event handler to capture the same and then process.

What you have already done with the Worksheet event is the only way out as far as I understand.

~VijaySharma

Hi, prasaddn!

I've just e-mailed you what I understood, please check if I understood well.

I set random values between 1 and 10 in C16:C25, and set the formula in C16 (and copied down) to: =HIPERVINCULO("#Sheet2!G10";TEXTO(C16;"General")) -----> in english: =HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!G10";TEXT(C16,"General"))

It's that what you wanted?

Regards!

Back