• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to open the same source workbook from which the target workbook open from?

ravikumar00008

Hi All,

I have several source workbooks and only one target workbook.

I can redirect to target from any of the source.

Now the problem is,

How can i go back to the same source from the target.(target opened from which source dynamically control from target).

Hope you understand the problem.

Ex:

Source---->Target---->Source

Source1--->Target---->Source1

Source2--->Target---->Source2

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

Could you elaborate what you are trying to do a bit more?

What do you mean by "source is dynamically controlled from target"?

-Sajan.

Hi Sajan,

Assume i have two files.

from one file,i can able to open another file and vice versa.

Here in first file, i will give the second file name and in the second file,i will give the first file name.

In this case i will take 3 copies from the first file.With any of these files,i can open the second file.But i can't get the same first file from the second file(because in the second file i have already given the name for the first file.)

Regards

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

My apologies. I am afraid I still do not understand what you are attempting to do.

Perhaps your question is clear to others reading these posts. However, if you don't get any feedback soon, please post some sample files. That might help us understand the problem better.

-Sajan.

Hi, ravikumar00008!

Could you please explain how do you refer (or give the name) to another workbook from the original workbook? By entering manually the file name, by using values stored in cells or code... how.

And why not uploading a sample of let'say... 3 files? Give a look to the second green sticky post at this forums main page for guidelines.

Regards!

Hi SirJB7,

These are the download links of my sample files

Code:
http://speedy.sh/J5zvY/PollReport-DataCharts.xlsm

http://speedy.sh/2xuna/PollReport-Quest.xlsm

[Code]

After downloading,Please change the folderpath in the code

Ex:

[F:PollReport-DataCharts.xlsm]

PollReport-Quest.xlsm --->Source/First

PollReport-DataCharts.xlsm --->Target/Second

If i change my source name also,i can open target file.But from the target i can't open source without changing the code.

Regards

Kumar

Back