• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to highlight the Maximum and minimum points on the line graph in excel

Bhargavasharma

Hi Guys,

I have four years of sale data month wise , now i want to highlight the data in which the maximum and minimum sales has occurred (month Wise)

Please help me out in finding out the way to highlight the maximum and minimum points on line graph in the excel sheet.

With Regards,

Bhargava Sharma.V

Hi,

not quite sure what it is you're looking for here.

the actual value (by using respectively the min() and max() functions), or a way of highlighting those graphically?

any chance at giving a little more detail?

@Bhargav

Hi

Welcome to chandoo Group glad you are here

is it possible to upload a sample workbook

if you don't know how to upload a sample workbook then please read the 4 Green Sticky Key of this forum

I can't give the link due to some times my post stuck in spam

Thanks

SP

Hi Bhargava ,

Do you think you can implement the technique explained here ?

http://chandoo.org/wp/2012/12/20/monitoring-monthly-service-levels-using-excel-charts/

Narayan

@ MrBramme

With Data that i have , i can create the 4 line graphs with value of the sales on y axis and months on the x-axis for 4 years , but the thing is maximum value and minimum value has to be highlighted as two individual points on those four lines.

Can u help me out !!!!

@ NARAYANK991

Similar to that, but that is more advanced, i want a very simple one .... the maximum value and minimum value has to be highlighted as two individual points on the line graph.

Can you help me out !!!!!

Hi Bhargava ,

The simplest way is to have a separate series for the maximum value , and another one for the minimum value.

For the maximum value series , use the following formula :

=IF(Data_Point=MAX(Data_Range),Data_Range,NA())

or

=IF(Data_Point=MAX(Data_Range),Data_Point,NA())

Copy this down as far as your series data extends , and use this as the second series in your chart ; use whatever kind of marker you want to use to highlight this point.

Do the same for the minimum value.

Narayan

Back