• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to determine top category in employee scorecard

BigD

Hi,

I am trying to graph the category with the lowest scores for each month. I have a tab for each employee. I cannot figure out a formula to calculate the bottom category so I can graph it for each month.

See attach file. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Bottom Cateogry.xlsx
    10.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi ,

It would be nice if you could give an example for one employee.

For both employees , only their scores for January have been given ; for employee 1 , the category with the lowest score is Learning Abilities , while for employee 2 , the category with the lowest score is Organization Commitment.

It is not necessary that for any employee , the category with the lowest score will remain the same across the months ; how exactly do you want the output ? Can you take several months of data and indicate the output that you want ?

Narayan

Thank you for the reply. I apologize that my example was bad. This may not be possible without a tremendous amont of work.

I was hoping I could get a spreadsheet to calculate all employees average score for all cateogies in Janurary and output the worst category

See if this file helps.

Attachments

• Bottom Cateogry.xlsx
    13.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi ,

OK , now I understand. So you want to know the lowest score category across the 12 months.

How many employees will you have ? Having each employees score across tabs makes it more difficult to compare.

Do you have any earlier spreadsheet with enough data ? Can you upload it ?

Narayan

Hi ,

I have not done much , but you can take a look at the formula on the Output tab , and the formulae on the Summary tab.

Narayan

Attachments

• Bottom Category_1.xlsx
    14.9 KB · Views: 16
Is it necessary to have them across tabs? If it is not necessary it would be substantially simpler if you were to have all employees on one tab. Just add an 'Employee Name' or 'Employee ID' column to identify with each row.

If they each have to be on their own tab....it is probably easiest to collect all the data, then compile it with VBA to get a summary. If your not into VBA, you may be able to use multiple consolidation ranges as posted here http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html. I have used them before and while they do work, they are a bit finicky in my opinion.

Back