• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

HOW TO COPY CONDITIONAL FORMATTING (CF)

deanvilar

hello, can you please help me on how to copy the CF i created for a row...to have same effect on other existing rows??? e.g. A1 to D1 if value of D1=1 all rows of A1 till D1 will be green, then..A2 to D2 if value of D2=1 all rows of A2 till D2 will be green and so on and so forth...

Select the source range, then click the format painter button (the paintbrush) and select the target range.

its not CF.... when i put 1 as the value of D1 or D2 so on...the whole row of D1 or D2..so on..will be green..something like that.

deanvilar,

In the formula for your CF, you need to add an absolute reference. Something like this I believe:

=$D1=1

This way, no matter where you copy it along a row, it will still refer to column D, but you can copy up and down the the row number will adjust accordingly.

@XLD...what you told me is not about CF its just simply coloring the rows...its just you didnt understand clearly what i last posted..

@luke...thanks for that...i tried..but it only referred to D1...i selected the range but it did not automatically adjust to D2...D3..D4...it only stayed to D1...

@deanvilar

Select the entire region that you want to apply CF to, paying attention to which row the active cell is in (I'll assume its in row 1). Then, you can apply the CF formula rule of:

=$D1=1

Back