• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how to: climate line graphs, 2nd vert axis, 3- or 4-part colored areas

cjw

I'm trying to create climate charts with my own data as per examples below (from Ecology, Concepts & Applications, Molles).
Jon Peltier has posted excellent instructions at
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/fill-under-between-series-in-excel-chart/
(thanks Jon!)
but I'm not sure whether this would work ifor me, since I need to have a 2nd vertical axis for precipitation (temperature on primary vert axis)...
Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated! I am a new member, and this forum is a great resource...

2-7.jpg

images

I'd tackle it in 3 steps.
1. Color above the precipitation series, plotted on secondary axis.
2. Color below temp series, plotted on primary axis (this should be the easiest step. :))
3. Format the chart background to be the color you want in-between.

One side note, it seems to me that that image of the chart is dependent upon whatever values you choose for the axis min/max. E.g., in the posted image, if the right hand axis went from 0 to 100, it would be a very different image.

I'd tackle it in 3 steps.
1. Color above the precipitation series, plotted on secondary axis.
2. Color below temp series, plotted on primary axis (this should be the easiest step. :))
3. Format the chart background to be the color you want in-between.

One side note, it seems to me that that image of the chart is dependent upon whatever values you choose for the axis min/max. E.g., in the posted image, if the right hand axis went from 0 to 100, it would be a very different image.
Thanks so much, Luke - appreciate your super speedy reply! I will try your 3-step process this afternoon, see how it works...and will be mindful of your observation re: min/max vert axis values.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back