• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to change chart yaxis scale on condition?

cswshaun

Hi all

I have 2 column pivot charts.

I am trying to achieve this:
When CELL AB1 is (ALL), I would like the maximum scale of y-axis of both chart1 and chart2 to be 600 and when CELL AB1 is any other value, the maximum scale should be switched to AUTO.

Is there a way to achieve this ?

thanks!

Hi Rahul,

Appreciate the reply

Please see my sample workbook. I have a few pivot charts in a worksheet.

Currently, it is hard to compare the charts as their Y-AXIS scale is different. I would like to align the scale of all charts in the worksheet based on the maximum scale in all charts.

For example, when all depts are selected, the maximum scale is 600 (chart 1), hence the scale for chart 2 and 3 to be set as 600 too.
For example, if dept AZ is selected in slicer, the maximum scale of the 3 charts is 3.5 (chart 1), hence the scale for chart 2 and 3 to be set as 3.5 too.

Appreciate the advice

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    65.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi, difficult to do with pivot charts. You can however with formulas use a common dummy series having the max value of selected dimension, which is not visible on any of the charts but will force the axis to be coordinated.
Now if this data is any close to the real situation, try setting the axis manual to 600. You can't tell much about that visual. Since only 1 value spikes, the others become nearly invisible.

cswshaun
As a new member,
You should reread Forum Rules:
You have missed some of those ...

Back