• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with calculating percentages

Abelardus

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of vendors/suppliers. Each vendor delivers multiple parts, for which some are delivered "Early", some "Late," and some "On-Time."

Some vendors deliver the same type of part, so each vendor delivers it at different times, falling into either of the above delivery statuses independently.

The Delivery Status column/field shows the status, but it is actually a formula that is calculated using two other columns with dates.

THE QUESTION: I need to calculate the percentage of each delivery status ("Early", "Late," and "On-Time") for each vendor rather than the percentage of status as a whole.

E.g., Vendor A delivered "On-Time" x% out of the total of all the "On-Time" deliveries done by all vendors together (I'm debating whether I should get the percentage out of all the total deliveries regardless of the type of status as the denominator for the calculation rather than only of the total of each status. Please suggest the right denominator).

I need the percentages of each delivery status per vendor to be able to identify the "Top 10" vendors that delivered "Early", top 10 that were "Late", and top 10 "On-Time."

This is a perpetual spreadsheet that will be refreshed constantly. Below is how the data is structured in the spreadsheet.

Your help is very appreciated,

Abelardus

VENDORPART IDDELIVERY STATUS
Vendor APart ALate
Part BOn-Time
Part CLate
Part DEarly
Vendor BPart AOn-Time
Part ELate
Vendor CPart ALate
Part XEarly
Part YEarly
Vendor DPart XOn-Time

Hi please post a sample sheet with some data and an example of expected results. Images are impossible to work with. Thx

Cross posted:

Last edited:

Abelardus

You have obviously not read some of the forum rules.
Please start reading this - these are for you too:
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

Back