• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help Needed with VBA

Kel

Hi all,

I am a VBA noob trying to automate my Excel and I wonder if the following can be done through VBA and if doable, how it should be done. To shorten the post, this is only PART 1 of the outcomes that I desire.

PART 1

Relevant Worksheets: "Invoice Date Entry Sheet", "Invoice Summary Sheet"

Brief Description:

In the "Invoice Date Entry Sheet", users are required to select the clients' name and month of billing (drop down lists). Users will then key in the transaction details e.g. consignment note number, description, type of service, etc. for the entire month. The transactions are arranged in rows and the details in columns.

Desired Outcome(s):

1. To have an "Update Summary" macro button in "Invoice Date Entry Sheet"

i. Copy data of all the transactions for the month from the "Invoice Date Entry Sheet" and paste the data on next empty row of "Invoice Summary Sheet".

ii. Clear all the data from "Invoice Date Entry Sheet" and go to clients' name cell.

Note: The purpose of the "Invoice Summary Sheet" is to have a full transaction details invoiced for the whole of the year. I am hoping that it will also be a source for soft copy invoices to be generated (see Part 2).

Thank you for your patience and I hope to hear from the experts in this forum real soon.

Kel

Hi Kel..

Welcome to the forum...

As I can see. you have provided much detail what exactly you want.. but in case of working with VBA, it will be better for us, if you provide us a sample sheet.. with expected output..

For posting a sample file.. check below post..

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

don't forget to read other three green sticky also, in the mail forum page.. :)

Regards,

Deb

Hi Deb,

Thank you for the reply. As requested, I've uploaded the file. Still not a complete workbook as I am doing this workbook from scratch. I am half guessing someone will be suggesting to me to use forms but my user has requested for the input page to be as such.

http://db.tt/Cd6J3AIR

Hope to hear from the excel gurus soon. Thank you.

Regards,

Kel

Back