• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help for computing peer average

ambily chacko

I have a panel data of 80 companies and i need to compute the peer average of each company for 2011 to 2020. can any one help me

ambily chacko
You should able to send a sample Excel-file
with a sample data as well as with expected results
You've opened this to Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting ... what kind of output would You like to get?

MY DATA IS MONTHLY DATA FOR 63 FIRMS FOR 10 YEARS..I NEED TO COMPUTE THE AVERAGE OF EACH FIRM IN A YEAR .i. e CONVERTING MONTLY TO YEARLY FOR THE WHOLE PANEL...IN THE FILE RESIDUAL VALUE FOR D2 TO D12 , THEN D13 TO D24 ETC ... PLZ HELP

Attachments

• chandoos.xlsx
    208.8 KB · Views: 4
ambily chacko
Please reread Forum Rules:
PLEASE DON'T SHOUT! We have big ears and will hear you just the same.
= You've use only capital letters

Did You miss my question?
You've opened this to Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting
... what kind of output would You like to get?

Attachments

• chandoos.xlsx
    294.7 KB · Views: 4
Similar to vletm's but since you seem to be wanting averages of financial years which begin Apr 1st, I've added a column (fYr) to your data which takes 3 months off each date, and created a pivot table using those dates. I've highlighted the 2 sample averages you wanted.

Attachments

• chandoo48090.xlsx
    398.9 KB · Views: 3
MY DATA IS MONTHLY DATA FOR 63 FIRMS FOR 10 YEARS..I NEED TO COMPUTE THE AVERAGE OF EACH FIRM IN A YEAR .i. e CONVERTING MONTLY TO YEARLY FOR THE WHOLE PANEL...IN THE FILE RESIDUAL VALUE FOR D2 TO D12 , THEN D13 TO D24 ETC ... PLZ HELP
[/QUOTe
Thankyou so much sir...that was of much help
i apologize for breaking the rules even though i had no intention to do the same..

Similar to vletm's but since you seem to be wanting averages of financial years which begin Apr 1st, I've added a column (fYr) to your data which takes 3 months off each date, and created a pivot table using those dates. I've highlighted the 2 sample averages you wanted.
Thankyou so much sir for the timely help..

Thankyou so much sir for the timely help..
where the subscripts i, j, and t denote firm, industry, and year, respectively;

yijt is the dependent variable capturing firm i’s trade credit provision; ݕ

yhat ijt is the average trade receivables of TNIC-based peers, excluding firm i; ܺ

xbar-ijt are one-year lagged control variables; X-ijt are one-year lagged averages of the same control

In our regression analysis, we are mainly interested in the two coefficients ߚ and ߛᇱ

, which capture peer effects through peer firms’ actions and characteristics, respectively

how do we compute the peer averages excluding firm i?

i need peer average of firm excluding firm i for each variable

Attachments

• variable.xlsx
    31.6 KB · Views: 2
You'll have to translate that for me; I'm having difficulty working out which columns of your attachment I should be looking at.
Also I see nothing about industry in your data - are they all the same industry?
Best manually calculate 10 or so results manually (do it for say 5 rows for 2 companies) with a bit of explanation of what you looked at to reach the values and attach that to your next message.

sir,
iam analyzing 7 industry or sectors. the data variable uploaded are of a particular industry only
i.e there are 15 companies of oil industry, the data is for 10 year each for 15 companies.
for the first peer average of firm 1 for dependent variable 1- we need to average of all firms except firm 1(aban) i.e average excluding D3 to D12
for the second peer average- we need average of all firms except firm 2(Bpcl ) i.e average excluding D13 to D22

Attachments

• variable.xlsx
    32.9 KB · Views: 3
In the attached, two offerings, both based on the green shaded cells' formulae in columns N:W:
1. A pivot table at cell Z7
2. A single cell formula in cell Z27

Both agree with the manually calculated values highlighted in orange.

Attachments

• Chandoo48090variable2.xlsx
    76.4 KB · Views: 9
In the attached, two offerings, both based on the green shaded cells' formulae in columns N:W:
1. A pivot table at cell Z7
2. A single cell formula in cell Z27

Both agree with the manually calculated values highlighted in orange.
Thank you so much for your timely help

Back