• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Gradient fill [SOLVED]

vvgiri

Dear all,

i have prepared 8 teams for a tournament consisting of 15 members each team.

I have placed them in a a order, best player at the top to weakest at no 15. I want to apply different color to each team and apply gradient fill to each team. From best player to weakest player. I tried with conditional formatting, but not able to create any rule .

Is there any option to do this? I know i can do this manually, but looking for any option in excel 2010 to do this?

Hi, vvgiri!

Give a look at this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60558749/Gradient%20fill%20%28for%20vvigir%20at%20chandoo.org%29.xlsx

If that's not exactly what you want to do, at least I hope you'll find there the guidelines for achieving it.

Regards!

Dear SirJB7

Thank you for the help. infact what i wanted is to assign a different color to each team and apply gradient fill for that team. Like Red gradient fill to team 1 and Blue gradient to team 2 and so on. I have downloaded your file. Is there any way do this from the downloaded file? i am sorry , i could not express what exactly i wanted to you earlier.

Regards,

vvgiri

Hi, vvgiri!

Just keep in mind how it's defined CF for column B, then remove CF for column B (one rule only), and change CF for column A (each 8 rules) as it the original rule B definition, changing the colors from/to accordingly.

Regards!

Hi, vvgiri!

That was the idea :)

Glad you solved it. Thanks for your feedback and welcome back whenever needed or wanted.

Regards!

Back