• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

formulas vs. VB & macros

Rediska

Hi Excellians,

Question for you-
formulas vs. VB & macros - what is "heavier" in terms of file size?

Thanks,
Rediska

Hi Rediska ,

First , the question you have asked is not really a question ; why are you concerned with file size ?

File size , per se , has nothing to do with file open / file save / calculation times , which is what you should be concerned with.

Secondly , certain basic calculations , or calculations which have built-in Excel functions to do the job ( e.g. Engineering , Statistical , Financial , Trigonometry ) can and should make use of these , unless you find that they are either not precise enough , or fail to give the correct results in all cases.

VBA should be resorted to if you need to go above and beyond what native Excel functions can do.

Narayan

Hi SirJB7,

I was advised to put my follow-up question it in a sepatare thread, so OK, I am resorting back to it.
I am new to this forum, I'll learn (eventually).
Thanks!

Hi, Rediska!
I apologize, it's my fault. I didn't read b(ut)ob(ut)hc suggestion in detail. However I think it'd be better if you keep all the questions in the same thread, or if you post a link to the previous one (which I did when answered first).
Despite of that, here's my approach:
http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/ho...t-cell-with-a-formula.13073/page-2#post-77309
Regards!
PS:
I am new to this forum, I'll learn (eventually).
Don't worry at all about that, and always remember Albert Einstein quote: "We are all very ignorant, what happens is that not all ignore the same things".

Back