• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formatting Excel workbook to fit into a PowerPoint slide

nikki.tay81

I spend a good part of my day taking different size workbooks and formatting them to copy and past into PowerPoint as Device Independent Bitmap sized at Height 5.42" and Width at 9.5". Is there a way to have everything adjust to fit in this size automatically without my having to format each column and row before I can even copy and paste?

Instead of doing the copying, pasting, and resizing yourself, could you use this macro? Select the range you want a picture of, run macro.

[pre]
Code:
Sub MakeBitmap()

Selection.CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap
Selection.PasteSpecial
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 684 'Measured in pixels
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 390.24

End Sub
[/pre]

Thank you, but the problem with that is it just squeezes eveything to fit, that makes it blury in PowerPoint. I want something that can basically take a variety of selection sizes. Then after highlighting the selection adjust the columns and rows to , as silly as this sounds, fit in a perfect square shape, so that when i paste it into powerpoint it is clear and fits with all the info on one slide

Hi,

Just a thought, could you set up your own style?, then just copy and paste values only?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/using-styles-in-excel-HA001110199.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/apply-create-or-remove-a-cell-style-HP001216732.aspx

Here is my comming of using powerpoint to a group of audience (regardless of size, 2-2000+). PowerPoint is not ideal to present complicated, detailed tables/charts. All charts and tables should be concise and "not busy" to the eyes. I found that any charts with more than 4-5 lines and audience would lose attention/focus/interest. The same can be said of bar charts. If you have a bar chart without a dominating bar or one that can stand out, it is very difficult to convey your story.

Back to your original question. I create excel charts within Powerpoint. Once complete, I just manually position the chart to a predetermined position and sizes (if I'm presenting many charts of the same size). That way, the charts don't look to be bouncing around when you move from one slide to another.

Like oldchippy said, it is better you set up your own style. If the charts come from others, good luck reformating them. That's why I would try my best getting the direct data (or re-create the data if it is stated) and make my own charts. So all the charts would look consistent in style, color theme, size and position.

Back