• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Financial Analyst

JEHalm

Hello everyone/anyone...I'm trying to find a certification as a Financial Analyst (more like Sr. Financial Analyst). I have an MBA in Finance but the job market is so slow I'm not having any success. I do not want to go for the CFA. I'm a little to old for the longer work days and have a large family. I'd like to find a program I can get through within 12-18 months and get a certification from a good program. I'm thinking a few in our forum may know of something.

Thanks!

What about Certified Management Accountant (CMA)? It may be a good investment there. Pass 4 papers and annual courses to keep yourself updated. globally recognized and not as many people as in CPA, i.e. low supply and a growing demand? And you don't need a CPA to get a CMA. And the scope isn't just limited to accounting work alone.

Thanks Fred. I have to say there are more CMA advertisements than there is for CPAs, MBA, etc. Do I need manufacturing experience?? I don't have any. However, I really liked the course Management Accounting course. How cab I bridge the gap, if needed? Oh yeah, thanks for the great replies ;)

I don't think you need any manufacturing experience to get a CMA. the best website is go directly to the website. you will find more info there.

http://www.imanet.org/ima_home.aspx

CMA is applicable not only to manufacturing jobs. There are service industries which hire people with CMA. Check out the website.

Back