• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filter data based on colour of a cell - Excel 2003

Busymanjohn

Hi guys, quick poser, a colleague has a set of data that she has used conditional formatting to highlight where the information from columns M & N do not match in yellow background, what she wants to be able to do next is filter that data to show only the highlighted yellow cells .... is there a solution to this? I've seen other posts suggesting some VBA code that does this but it doesn't work with conditional formatting rules.

This is not exact filtering but I belive should help you, press CTRL F - Expand options button.

In the format (dropdown) select choose format from cell. Choose your format and then Find all

In the Find all box, do CTRL A (select all) you can then copy paste all the coloured cells to a single place.

Hi Narayank991 ,,, I should have mentioned it's an Excel 2003 version being used.

Hi Indian ,,,, nice tip, but doesn't seem to work with conditional formatting.

Any other ideas?

Actually, since the color is determined by a conditional format, and not random user markings, it's easier than you'd think. Setup a helper column that has same formula as the yellow conditional format. Filter the helper column on TRUE.

Back