• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Fill down feature is not working

I'm new to Power Query. I have a column with few values and many blank rows. I want to fill in the blank rows with the value above it. The pic below shows what I'm trying to do.

I want the value "415.405" to copy down to the blank cells below it. I click Fill > Down and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Power Query Fill Down.png

Fill Down fills null cells; It doesn't look as if those blank cells are nulls (otherwise you'd see 'null' in them).

Good to know. Do you know if there is a way to fill down blank cells?
Convert the blanks to nulls first, then fill down. Since I don't know what's actually in those seemingly blank cells I can't give specific advice about how to do that.

Where do the data in the query come from?

The data is an Excel file. I'm pretty sure those are blank cells.

Also, I'm going to see if I can figure out how to convert the blank cells to NULLs. Good idea.

The data is an Excel file
Attach the file. Remove as much irrelevant stuff as possible. Don't touch the seemingly blank cells. You can even reduce the number of rows to 10 or 20 as long as you can still see the problem in PQ with what's left.

It's CSVs files, so the "blanks" are filled (by an exporter I'm assuming) with nothing, meaning they are strictly speaking not empty (which shows up as null) but blank, which shows as "".

The code might be something like:

Source = whatever the table,
Replace_with_nulls = Table.ReplaceValue(source,"",null,Replacer.ReplaceValue,Table.ColumnNames(Source))

Back