• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Fantasy Baseball Dashboard

realhiphop

Hey all! First time poster.

I’m working on building a Fantasy Baseball dashboard. The bulk of the data is going to come from 2 sources:

1. Current standings by category

2. Projected Stats for Each Team by Player

This will end up giving me a visual representation of where I think each team should finish in the league. I’m working on building out the Dashboard (with this being the first Dashboard that I’m going to attempt). I’m using pieces of the FIFA dashboard as an inspiration. I have some questions I’d like to pose.

My data is organized by 3 primary tabs: Tabs listed above, and table that adds the results of the year to date category, plus team projections. Each team is then ranked on how they fall within each category. I.E. 5 in Home Runs, 6 in RBI’s, etc.

Some questions:

1. I originally summed all of the info from the Projected Stats using a Pivot Table. Are SumIf’s a better way to go?

2. How would you organize the data? I currently have a bunch of tables built. Is this the best way to go?

My goal is going to be to have a few dashboards:

1. Total Points: Offense/Pitching. Clicking Offense would give a representation of the total points plus give a breakdown of points by Offense Category

2. All Teams Breakdown of how many points they have in each category. Is a Bar Chart of Column Chart the best way to show this? I’m basically trying to get a visual of where each team falls in each category (with a focus on scaling the chart to visualize where specific categories are very close). For example: Home Runs. Team 1 has 220, Team 2 has 160, Team 3 has 158, and Team 4 has 150. There would be clear clustering from Teams 2-4 making it easy to gain points there if you are one of those 3 teams

This is going to be stage 1 for now. I might try to add some things after I get this piece figured out/

Thanks in advance!

Back