• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel VBA Certification Questions

chirayu

Hi Guys,

Basically I was thinking of getting certified for VBA, specifically Microsoft Excel & wasn't really sure what the best method for doing this would be.

I'd be looking for Official Microsoft Certification. Note that I am in UK so not sure how that would affect the cost etc.

Has anyone here previously gone through it? How difficult is it? How much does it cost? What's the best way to go about it?

Attachments

• Certification-roadmap.pdf
    606.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi ,

The problem is that the VBA certification only certifies that you know what VBA is , how it can be deployed , and such administrative tasks.

There is no VBA exam which presents programming tasks involving real-life situations across the spectrum , which can certify your expertise in an exam lasting a mere 2 or 3 hours.

One possibility is to register on a freelancing site such as freelancer , and check out the kind of jobs that are advertised on it , and see whether you have the expertise to complete them. Try to submit your quote for one or two small jobs , and see how much it takes to build up a reputation.

https://www.freelancer.com/job-search/tasks-vba-excel/1/

Narayan

Thanks guys. Seems there is no Official Microsoft VBA Certification. Only those offered by independent companies. To be honest the only reason I wanted to get certified was:
1) Something for the CV
2)Might learn some things I probably don't know
Narayan's freelancing seems interesting. Might take a look at that.

Back