• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel sheets are not shown, but not hidden

Otawata

Hi,

I have a workbook where only a main sheet "Displayed" is shown to the user. The workbook contains other sheets that are not displayed, but are NOT hidden.

I can't figure out how certain sheets (Tips, BUGS) are obscured from view, but are not hidden. These sheets are only shown if you click the left arrow or right click on the "...", which provides the option to "activate" sheets.

I want to include additional sheets that follow this 'hidden without being a hidden sheet' behavior, but I can't figure out how.

1721055421558.png

For that you need to use the VBA editor window (Alt/F11) and set the Visible property of the Sheets you wish to hide to
'2 - xlSheetVeryHidden'

1721076132840.png

Thank you. That causes the sheets to be removed entirely from view (e.g. I can click the left arrow or right click on an ellipses to display them). Is there an alternative method that could have been applied?

Also, when I make edits in either of the non-displayed sheets (Tips, BUGS), they become visible permanently.

Correction to the above:

Thank you. That causes the sheets to be removed entirely from view (e.g. I can’t click the left arrow or right click on an ellipses to display them). Is there an alternative method that could have been applied where the sheets can still be displayed? The above image shows the functionality in the current workbook.

Also, when I make edits in either of the non-displayed sheets (Tips, BUGS), they become visible permanently.

Thank you all the same. Neither of those seem to be the behavior since the sheets aren’t hidden. I’ve never seen something like this.

This is the normal behaviour of Excel. The part headed

Tabs are Hidden Because of the Scroll Bar​

in vletm's link in msg#6 is relevant in your case. Either reduce the size of the scroll bar and/or widen the window that Excel is in.
To change the size of the scroll bar, drag the arrowed below:

1721133573008.png

Back