• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Dashboard

shettyguru

have 5 elements ( Time ; Order-in; Order-out; Headcount to hadle order; Region(5 regions)). what would be best way to show this in a dashboard.

Sample data is as:

Time Order-in(count) Order-out(count) Headcount Region

3am-4am 100 90 3 americas

4am-5am 150 100 3 americas

What information is most important? You could plot average headcount per region, total time per region, average time per person, etc.

basically, there are two parts to this

a) want to depict how many orders came in V/s orders closed at that given hour..then allign that with the headcount present to work on the orders at that given hour.

This will help me know the optimum headcount allinged to work towards orders

b) also want to know, at any given hour which region is keeping my headcount busy, example of the data

3am-4am i get 100 orders (30 from Asia; 30 from europe; 40 from US)

4am-5am i get 90 orders(10 frm asia; 0 from europe; 80 from US)

it countiues till 2am - 3am (full 24 hours)..

sorry if i am confusing :(

For both a & b, I'd actually recommend just using a PivotTable. For a, PivotTable layout would have Time as one of the RowFields, and Order-in, Order-Out, and Headcount would should all be in the DataField (each one summed, of course). This would be the fastest/nicest way to get a total for each time period and let you adjust accordingly. You could even put Region as a PageField, so you can quickly look at whatever region is of interest.

For b, Time is again in the RowField, then Region as a second Row field to the right of Time, and then Order-In as the DataField. You could have a subtotal on the Time to give you the totals that you need.

This works. thank you :) will put this across and share it. this is my first step to the dashboard world, so many more help required. I am already enjoying this.

Back