• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Dashboad with telecom data

Banashree

Hi All,
I am new to the forum,need help/guidance while preparing a dashboard on telecom data.
We have 108 type of products in market out of which we can categorised in to two part as market offer & segmented offer. Product here I am referring differnt price point for Voice/data. so each MRP with some offer is my product here. I wanted to create a dashboard where management will be able to see which products are doing well in terms of revenue earning and which are perfomring bad so that we can remove from market and introduce new product. I am clueless how to structure the rawdata so that I will be able to see the differnt porfolio. Pls help incase any one has worked on this type on request.
Reards,
Benny.

Hi
I'd first go through dashboard articles in the site.

http://chandoo.org/wp/excel-dashboards/
http://chandoo.org/wp/excel-dashboards/examples/

Best way to learn is by trial and error. If you encounter specific problems along the way, ask in the board and I'm sure someone will help you out.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I am new to the forum not in execl. I have already gone through all the examples mentioned above but I need some direction/different ideas for putting together so large portfolio. Pls help.

Do you at least have raw data and your attempts/concept for dashboard design?

Here's some steps I take when I build dashboard.

1. Identify how you and/or stake holders want to summarize data.
2. Organize raw data in to database like table with each line item identified with key category (ex. Product Type, Date, Category etc etc).
3. Set up sheet to track all your Business Rules etc (Named Ranges, Tables, Assumptions etc)
4. Decide if you need intermediate step(s) before you summarize data. If needed, create separate sheet to extract segmented info from data organized in step 2.
5. Design the dashboard to have Large picture (i.e. overview) along with segmented view. Validate your design with key stake holders.
6. Build Charts, Tables for dashboard and test
7. Build automation layer.
8. Release beta and have everyone review it with fine tooth comb
9. Revise
10. Release

Last edited:
Back