• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Error: You may not use references to other workbooks for Data Validation criteria

On tab B I have a data validation list that points to a range on tab A (both tabs are in the same workbook). When I select the data validation list, the cursor starts below the list of values, making it appear that the list is blank, but you have to scroll up to see the values that are present. I want the data validation cursor to start at the top of the list, so I used this formula:

Code:
=OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet3!$A:$A)-1,1)

Here is what my data validation formula looks like:

Here is the error I am getting:

How can I get this error when my reference is within the same workbook and not another workbook?

Attachments

• Data Validation Formula.png
    Data Validation Formula.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 6
Save the original workbook as binary format .xlsb then mod it with any confidential information then attach it here …​

I'll see what I can do. I noticed that the cursor in the data validation lists starts on the row below the last value in the list of values. I just tried pasting in additional values and again the cursor starts immediately after the last value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back