• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Chart with multiple series created using offset

dnegrotto

I created a 5-series dynamic chart using 5 different offset formulas (one for each series in the graph). The series name / data is retrieve from 5 cells in a table. When I try to only display data for 4 returns , the 5th return is still accounted for in the legend - I'm assuming this is because an offset formula is linked to the cell from which the data line is drawn. Is there a way to fix this, so that if I choose to only display four rows , only those rows are graphed? I dont want to remove the formula from the 5th cell because there are times when I will want to compare all 5 series.

Hi dnegrotto ,

When you select only 4 rows , is the 5th one graphed with all zeroes , or is it not graphed ?

What I find is that the legend line is directly tied with the graph ; if the graph is selected with Format Data Series -> Line Color -> No Line , the graph and its associated legend line disappears. The legend entry which displays 0 , can be made to disappear by selecting a font color which matches the background color !

Are you looking to solve this using VBA ?

Narayan

Thank you Fred and Narayan for your responses. The spreadsheet can be found here: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30750280/chandoo.xlsx

password (not sure its needed): gugiremacexe

Please see the tab titled "one pager".

All the graphs are created from the table in rows 18 - 28. Its used to create some 10 or 5 series charts (scroll down to see them). If you delete a fund in cells A19 - A28, the graph / legend / series issue occurs. I should also mention that when one of the series is deleted, I get the following pop-up: "A formula in this worksheet contains one of more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference".

Thanks.

Back