• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Delete the rows that have equal values in a column.

Good evening.

I'm trying to apply the formula that counts certain values taking into account multiple parameters in a file of 350,000 lines. The number of lines causes "hang" results not to be generated.

I thought that it would be enough to delete the rows that have multiple identical values in a column, leaving only one for each and then apply the formula of the value counter for parameters.

referring to the file:
1) in column "D" there can be two values "1 or 2" I am interested only in those with value 1.
2) in column "E" there is the family code which can have as many values for each family as there are components (for example a family with 3 components will have 3 identical family codes). I'm only interested in getting one code for each one.

Data entry into the result table is done on the basis of 2 comparison parameters (column and row headers). we have:
3) column "b" of the data file and row "k3, k4 etc." of the formula sheet;
4) the number of members of the "S" column family of the data file with the number of components indicated in the table and inserted in the formula "1,2,3,4,5,> = 6".

At point 2 the formula blocks everything because I have to consider only the single values of the identical ones (in the case of the example I have to consider only one family code among the 3 existing).

For this reason, if with a macro I manage to eliminate the rows with double values in the column of point 2 (thus leaving only one row in the case of multiple values), I will be able to obtain the result with the simple formula of the two-parameter count.

What do you think about it?

Hi
Yesterday I had trouble inserting the file.
I can not understand why even with the formula does not come out the result in correspondence.

Attachments

• Banche dati 2018_2019 e tabelle - Copia.xlsb
    928.2 KB · Views: 5
Good morning.
Returning to this post you could get the same result by eliminating the rows that have duplicates in column "E" and then use the formula that counts with two parameters (counts if more).
I have tried in data then remove duplicates and I have noticed that it does not give me an exact result. Perhaps it will be more accurate with a macro.
For this I ask you how you can eliminate the double lines with a macro with respect to the "E" column?
Thank you

Back