• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

DAX Weekday Name using UTC or UTCNOW

I used this formula to get weekday name and it works in Power BI Deskop.
WEEKDAY_TODAY'S DAY = UPPER(FORMAT(TODAY(), "dddd"))

When I publish the report on Power BI Services the weekday name changes to the next day at 6:00 PM in the evening. I live in Louisiana Central Time

Example: The Power BI Desktop shows TUESDAY but Power BI Services shows WEDNESDAY after 6:00 PM

Expected Result: I want to see TUESDAY on both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services till 11:59 PM

I read some articles on UTC and found this. UTC is 6 hours ahead and thats why Power BI Services is showing Wednesday even though it is still Tuesday. Hope this makes sense

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/utc-to-united-states-louisiana-baton-rouge

Thanks for your help

@sureshsonti
If I recall, you use direct query to SQL for your data set.
In such case easiest method is to use native query language in PQ.
Simply query using "Select getdate() as CurDate" this will return current date of your SQL server.
Use the resulting table in your Dax measure.

@sureshsonti
If I recall, you use direct query to SQL for your data set.
In such case easiest method is to use native query language in PQ.
Simply query using "Select getdate() as CurDate" this will return current date of your SQL server.
Use the resulting table in your Dax measure.

ChiHiro,
You method seems to be working. I published the report on Power BI services and it shows the current day and current time. I will let you know what happens after 6:00 PM today. Thanks for your suggestion.

upload_2018-12-28_10-8-18.png

Back