• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

DAX measure to filter table for all duplicate values in specific column

mike.magill

Hi, I'm pretty new to DAX and need to write a measure that will filter a table to show only rows where there are duplicate values in a specific column. The column is meant to be unique and I want to check for any repeats.

Can anyone help?

That really shouldn't be done in DAX. But in PowerQuery M code stage or before.

Easiest thing to do is remove duplicate operation in PQ stage.
But if you don't want to remove and just identify duplicate values in a column...

Just use pivot table / matrix visual. Depending on your tool.

Column as row field. Then use COUNT(Table[ColumnName]), COUNTA() or other variants.

That really shouldn't be done in DAX. But in PowerQuery M code stage or before.

Easiest thing to do is remove duplicate operation in PQ stage.
But if you don't want to remove and just identify duplicate values in a column...

Just use pivot table / matrix visual. Depending on your tool.

Column as row field. Then use COUNT(Table[ColumnName]), COUNTA() or other variants.
Hi.

I was using M code but was running into memory issues as there are 50 million rows.

I don’t want to remove the duplicates, just identify them. I’m using Power BI so thought there would be a DAX measure that I could write.

COUNTA() is DAX function. But since DAX measure only allows for single value to be returned, you need to supply it context for it to be evaluated in.

Hence, suggestion to add Pivot Table or Matrix visual.

Back