• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

CRITICAL - pleas advise

mediatx

Sorry for shouting around, but I am working my ass of for weeks now to finalize a template for a project, had all running and now face some issues when testing different Computer Locales.

Problem: By inserting a formula in Excel by Macro, this formula gets not "adopted" when the locale changes. I have users with English(1033) and German(1031) working with the template.

The Formula is

code

Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _

"=MOD(ROW(),2)"

code

Note the comma before the last digit.

In US locale (1031) all works great, in German (1031) locale, the Macro stops working, because a semicolon is expected.

Please, ANYONE know how to overcome this?

I could be wrong, but to throw a rope to you, thinking from the top of my head reading that problem would be to get Excel international setting checked in the Tool->Options menu and see if the macro are forced accordingly to the country it applies, if not on the Excel application level, the next thing is to see if the Windows or platform settings in the Control Panel may help to understand.

Hi Psionic, thanks for the hint, but that wont help, with users in different regions in this case, however, I have this sorted by converting the content to a table and then back to a range, bring the same effect as it was needed.

Back