• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Creating box whisker plots from provided mean/sd, not raw data

hakeae

I work in a lab, multiple analysers running multiple tests, generating multiple quality control data points. We pull metrics every month from our QC software, in the form of mean/sd for each analyser, for each test, at several levels. I want to show this graphically rather than as a large spreadsheet. The box plots available online and in Excel work well, but they work on raw data, generally -> quartiles, and I want to work directly from the mean/sd values, so I want the centre of the box (y-value) to be the mean, ends of box is +/- 2sd, whiskers, +/- 3sd.

I found this link in an earlier post:
http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/box-whisker-plot.html
and you can unhide everything to show the workings, but I'm still a bit confused and will take me a while to un-pack it all to be able to then convert it to work with mean/sd.
I just thought I'd ask in case someone had already done something like this. :)
Sample file attached of the metrics that are generated. Data set A for each test/level is the mean/sd of data from all analysers combined; B1-10 are individual analyser data.

Attachments

• sample data.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 7
Back