• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copying a table from a closed workbook

willheap

On opening a 2007 Excel workbook, can VBA copy the contents of a table from a closed workbook located elsewhere on the server and paste it over the data in a worksheet in the opened workbook?

Being a novice in VBA I can't work out if this question has been answered in another post in a slightly different way. My research so far has brought up the issue with INDIRECT() and I have tried to make use of Harlan Grove’s PULL function but was unsuccessful.

I currently have links to the table in array A1:CZ4001 which makes the file size bigger than necessary just to accomodate any changes in the size of the target table. I am hoping that VBA can copy the target table's contents, which could be a much smaller array, and paste it over the current data. Is this possible?

Hello Luke M Sir,

First of all Good Afternoon

Sir i can't understand with that link, so can you please explain me about that macro.

I Think if we create some different Work Books then the Macro is used!

for Example we create the below work books

1. Account Workbook

2. Data Entry Workbook

3. Purchase Workbook

4. Sales Workbook

5. Stock Workbook

1st Work book is used with Hyperlinks for the rest books

2nd Work Book is filled with the all data entries as like purchase, sales and payments etc.

3rd one using with formulas the rest 3 books are automate filling the details as per their workbook headings. i can understand up to this point

but how is it possible to immediate update of the closed workbooks which linked with the 2nd work book when we enter the data in that Data Entry workbook

Hello again,

I found Ron's site very useful, thanks Luke M. I was able to apply the VBA with some success which was very satisfying.

However, I am struggling to get the right code to pick up a table or named range from the target file. I can specify a range in the code but not a named range. Do you know if this is possible?

Back