• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting

Palantir

Hello. Have a bit of a problem in Excel 2003 and would appreciate some help.

I have one column of numbers in Column B and another Column of numbers in Column C, in Column D I have D=ABS(B-C) for the whole column. What I am trying to do is I want cells in column D to turn red whenever the value is greater than 5. So I highlight Column D and go on conditional formatting and set it to Formula is =$D2>5, and instruct it to turn red.

The problem is, only some of the cells that are greater than 5 change color. Am I doing something wrong?

I have a formatting question. I am trying to use the Match function with conditional formatting in Excel 2003. I 1st named my columns then put in the formula is box =MATCH(NAME1,NAME2,0) and put in the formatting I wanted but it highlights all the cells as if they all matched which they do not. I am confused. I even tried the tip that was on Chandoo site for matching 2 lists putting formula is =countif(name1,name2)>0 and it again highlights all columns so I tried =countif(name1,a2)>0 and that didn't work either.

dolphintabby,

First, it's considered rude to hijack someone else's thread. In the future, please start a seperate thread.

You don't really state your overall goal, but I'm guessing that you are wanting to highlight cells in one column if the value is in another. Basic pseudo-formula:

=COUNTIF(Column_of_Cells,Current_Cell)>0

Oh thank you, so sorry about being rude, I thought related topics all went in the same thread. Sorry, again. I will start a new thread from now on. :) Thank you for your help.

~D.

Back