• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting In Tables

Joe Shaer

Hello -

I have a table with each row containing a conditional format.

Under the 'status' column, if the cell is set to 'pending' - the entire row turns into red text. If this cell is set to 'complete' the entire row turns into black text.

However, when I expand the table to create a new a row, the conditional format doesn't work in this new row.

I want to be able for the table to expand (create a new row) with the conditional formatting applying into that row. It doesn't seem to do this. Can someone help?

I am attaching a sample file.

Attachments

• sample.xlsx
    12 KB · Views: 4
you have $ against the row in conditional formatting formula
change that to
$B3="pending"

Attachments

• sample-ETAF.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 6
you are welcome
no problem
I did the same today , with a question i have on anther forum today and th esolution when i copied into the real sheet - i kept applying
ROW($A$1)
instead of ROW($A1)
stopped it working ......

Hi struggling to get something similar working when using with Tables. In attached example I am wanting to highlight full row green, where column N shows Completed. Started by entering formula in cell E8, but failing to get it to change Any pointers would be welcome. Many thanks

Attachments

• Help_CF.xlsm
    23.8 KB · Views: 1
probably better starting a new thread - as this one may not get the same members responding
probably need a $ in the formatting - i will look

select the table E8:N1000 - or however many rows likely to use in future
and then use
=$N8="completed"

if that has not worked , as i say - start a NEW thread

Attachments

• Help_CF-ETAF.xlsm
    23.8 KB · Views: 1
Back