• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Coding A Macro that will toggle font color based on font color? (Possible IF statement?)

djddan59

I have an excel sheet with multiple formulas, sections, so on and so forth and to make it easier for someone who isn't me work it I have the sheet color coordinated: if the text/font color is black, don't touch it, if the text color is blue, that's where you input the values. I want to create a Macro that will change all of the blue text to black in order to print off a more presentable spreadsheet, but then be able to change it back again in order to change the inputs, values, et cetera. I have virtually no experience with Macros and VBA. ideally I would have it linked to a toggle button or command button so the font will switch at the touch of a button and then back again.

djddan59
Your: I have an excel sheet with multiple formulas, sections, so on and so forth and to make it easier for someone who isn't me work it I have the sheet color coordinated: if the text/font color is black, don't touch it, if the text color is blue, that's where you input the values.
Mark all those 'blue cells' as unlocked and after that
protect sheet as users can 'Select unlocked cells'.
After previous step ... You can change all 'blue cell' as black.

Back