• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Change Order For Chart Series Collection VBA Code

Hi

I am using the Excel 2013 and i am working in MIS Department

I have to change in select data the Specify Order For Series collection in Select Data for Chart

=SERIES([Series Name],[X Values],[Y Values],[Plot Order])

I have to change the "Holder" series collection from 5th to 1st move

I actually did something similar. I put "ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(5).PlotOrder = 1" for the first data series, but it doesn't work that way.

My VBA code not work, what i am wrong that i don't know....

enclosed the file and requirements as per the image

Kindly correction the VBA code

Thanks for Help....

Attachments

• Variance chart with errors bars.xlsm
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 7
sivaprakasam
Your I have to change the "Holder" series collection from 5th to 1st move
Isn't Your 'Holder' now in 1st?
What would Your 'something', after You have done it eg manually?

Tnq for the reply..

No, when i run the vba code "ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(5).PlotOrder = 1", but this go 3rd position the "Holder".

I don't know, what I am wrong my VBA code... but not working

every day asks different types of reports from management, so at the time unable to do manually by MIS team members, and every day a minimum of 25 nos report provide to Management from SAP Software.

This VBA code is not only for this chart, another chart model reports the same pending, in case if you will provide the VBA, we will apply the other chart.

so, request to you the VBA for reducing the manually work

Last edited:
sivaprakasam
How do You get more than one layout with that code?
or
Have You copy & paste it somewhere ... and after that You test to change it.

It would more clear to have 25 needed layout ready and use those - than do those with code.
... and if every time different reports, it'll give one kind of image of Your management.

sivaprakasam
How do You get more than one layout with that code?
or
Have You copy & paste it somewhere ... and after that You test to change it.

It would more clear to have 25 needed layout ready and use those - than do those with code.
... and if every time different reports, it'll give one kind of image of Your management.

Yes, the Chart model got from the website and I got that VBA code ("ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(5).PlotOrder = 1") from someone VBA related person. then I test and macro run the VBA step by step, but 5th serial number is not working (Actually "Holder" series move to 3rd position)

We need that the "Holder" series move from 5th to 1st position (Untitled image and VBA code Excel enclosed for your reference)

So, I ask to you, your help

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Variance chart with errors bars.xlsm
    27.4 KB · Views: 1
sivaprakasam
You should ask more details from Your someone VBA related person to get needed correction.
I someone else would modify something, then there would be 'some' other needed modifications too.
Or
Try to solve this as I've written - without VBA.

Back